Herpes Zoster Opthalmicus – How to Treat Its Symptoms ?
Finding a cure for herpes zoster opthalmicus? then you are on the right platform. This article covers all the details related the treatment for this condition. But first let’s see what herpes zoster opthalmicus is. Herpes zoster is a virus which causes shingles. Shingles is a disease that causes painful blisters, rashes on your body and you may possibly get the blisters on your eyes also. This is the same virus that causes chickenpox. Once you have had chickenpox then this virus remains in your system and later it causes shingles. According to studies almost 20-30 percent people with shingles have rashes in or around the eyes. These types of shingles are called ophthalmicus. Shingles in the eyes cause scarring, vision loss and other eye related problems. You can prevent shingles of the eye by taking vaccinations. This disease can lead to vision loss, so, it is important to take doctor’s advice in this type of infection. This is a contagious disease and you have to maintain a distance from that person who is suffering from eye shingles. Well now the question is how anyone can recognize that he/she is suffering from herpes or not.
Symptoms of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus
- A burning and throbbing pain in your eye
- Redness around and in the eye
- Tearing or watery eye
- Eye irritation
- Blurry vision
- You may become sensitive to light
- You may also feel swelling in your eye lids, retina and cornea.
If you see or feel any of these symptoms, it is important to take advice from your doctor. The shingles rash will fade away after a few weeks but the pain can stay for many more weeks or months. Although there are several ways (medicines, antivirals, drops and vaccines) by which you can control this condition but according to studies using those treatment options can give you side effects. Side effects can make your condition from bad to worse. Click here to know more about why you should never use antivirals for herpes. The best treatment option is to cure not only eye herpes but also other conditions is natural treatment. Yes, this is the one of the best treatment option which can cure any condition effectively. There are several remedies by which you can cure eye herpes symptoms easily. What are those read below?
- Cold compress– Cold compress is the best way to reduce the severity of the eye herpes. If you apply some ice cubs directly on your eyes, you can feel immediate relief. This is the best treatment because it can give you relief from inflammation, itching and redness of the eyes.
- Honey- Honey, you all know that this is the best ingredient when it comes to fight with infections. This is the best ingredient which has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. To use this you just need to mix some drops of honey with water. Mix this well and put its drops in your eyes with the help of eye dropper. Click here to know more about honey and herpes.
- Coconut oil- Pure coconut oil can be used as anti-eye herpes remedy. Coconut oil is the most effective oil among all. This oil has so many beneficial effects that can help you to get rid of its pain. To use this gently apply pure coconut oil on your eyes before going to bed.
These are some ways which proves that natural treatment is not only effective but also very cheap in cost. These remedies are not only tested but also clinically proved to use in herpes zoster opthalmicus disease. This condition can be treated at home also but before you start using these remedies it is important to seek your doctor’s advice. If he/she says that you can use this, you can start this treatment. While applying you have to be sure that the amount you are using is correct. You can also take some precautions like stop wearing contact lenses, do not touch your eyes again and again, wash your hands after touching your eyes and keep your eyes clean.